#42 Golden Turmeric (formerly Ginger Turmeric)

Black Green Herbal Blend
Black Tea, Blue Cornflowers, Ginger Pieces, Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Red Cornflower, Turmeric
Earth, Ginger, Nuts, Potato, Spices, Vegetables
Medium
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Tea Revv

Black and green teas don’t often blend easily but this mix brings the two together very successfully with just enough turmeric for the slightly dry pungency of the spice to be subtly evident. An extra tingle of ginger makes for a lovely moorish balance of flavours.

Best Brewed: Hot/Iced
1-2 teaspoons, pour in the hot water (80℃), infuse for 1-3 minuets. We suggest you serve this one without milk. Brewing is part of the fun, experiment to find what you like the best.

Green tea, Black tea, Bael Nut, Ginger pieces, Turmeric, Red and Blue Cornflower petals, Natural flavours

Packed in an environment that handles nuts
Vegan / Contains Caffeine

About Tea Revv View company

Thanks so much for sending this, Tree Gal! I’m happy to try any tea… however this is…
turmeric…. and turmeric…. and turmeric….
with hardly notes of anything else that happens to be in the blend. The green tea/ black tea combo is also a bit odd, as I had to steep it cool for the green tea, so how much did the black tea really appear in the mug? Not sure, as all I could taste was TURMERIC. The color of the brew was also the color of TURMERIC. So I’ve found I’m just not a fan of turmeric… it’s just bitter and blah to me, therefore not a fan of this blend. Again, happy to try it though, even just to see that I don’t like turmeric.
2019 sipdowns: 37 (52Teas – Candy Cane marshmallow treat genmaicha)

tea-sipper

Whoa, there has been like 4 tasting notes in the last 12 hours on my dashboard…

ashmanra

Same here. Glad you mentioned it cuz I thought something was wrong with my wifi. Ha!

No milk advised. Part of TeaRevv Advent Calendar Collection.

Tea Revv Advent Calendar – Day 9

(originally written November 9th)

Hmm… I’m not sure I’m going to like this one. It smells extremely savory and there’s quite a bit of ground turmeric. Onward, into the breach! :P

The steeped tea doesn’t smell quite so savory. I mean… it’s not awful. It’s definitely quite earthy and tastes mostly of turmeric. I don’t get too much ginger, so that’s a relief. Strong ginger is definitely off-putting to me. I have no idea what a bael nut is, but it does taste somewhat nutty to me.

Overall, it actually reminds me quite a bit of potato. Raw potato, even, and with turmeric added. Definitely strange, but an interesting experience… I think I’ll leave off the rating, as this blend really isn’t up my alley.

Flavors: Potato, Turmeric, Ginger, Earth, Root Vegetables, Nuts

Flavors: Earth, Ginger, Nuts, Potato, Spices, Vegetables

Ginger and turmeric are the stars here. It’s got a nice spiced flavor atop green tea. It is nice though not something I would reach for often. It is awesome to be able to taste again but I am saving rating until I’m back to 100% normal.

Anyways, instead of doing my studying for exams or preparing for my client meeting tomorrow, I decided to go through my steepster cupboard and make sure it is up to date. Turns out there were a bunch of teas I have finished or traded but left in my virtual cupboard. So, I went from 330something to 282 real fast when I actually took the time to go through it all.

However, one question I have is what to do with the teas in my swap box? Currently they are not in my online cupboard because I have no interest in drinking them. Some teas I have designated for certain people so I think it makes sense that those are no longer listed but for the teas that are just in my swap box with no intentional recipient, should I add them in to my virtual cupboard? What do others do?

i took them out of my cupboard when i used to swap and if a swamp came up, i’d either throw in a few random things i thought the person would like or let them know about the teas in my swap box..

VariaTEA

I like that plan. It keeps my cupboard number down under 300 lol.

well….sort of. your teas are here haha

VariaTEA