Laoshan Bat - Laoshan Green

Green Tea
Green Tea
Chestnut, Grass, Peas, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by teabento

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Whoa. This is a bold, complex green tea. The steeped tea smells like the bagged (not fresh) roasted chestnuts that I get whenever I’m in a Chinatown around North America. This is a good thing – I...” Read full tasting note

From teabento

A brilliant small leaf green tea with a high proportion of tips from a small family plantation in the famous Taoist mountain Laoshan in Shangdong province, who by the way also produces our exquisit LAOSHAN BADGER. The small curled dry leaves smell nutty and vegetal. When brewed, the tea has a sweet, refreshing and complex taste, with notes of spinach, kelp, roasted chestnuts and peas, as well as a touch of umami. An exciting and satisfying green tea.

>> To find this tea at: https://teabento.com/en/product/laoshan-bat/

About teabento View company

1 Tasting Note

Whoa. This is a bold, complex green tea.

The steeped tea smells like the bagged (not fresh) roasted chestnuts that I get whenever I’m in a Chinatown around North America. This is a good thing – I love those chestnuts! I used to eat them by the bagful… uh.. moving on.

There’s also a lot of vegetal notes in this tea. I taste… peas? A bit of grassiness, and some sweet notes, too. In the description there’s also unami, and I definitely get that as the tea cools, it becomes the primary note.

A lovely tea. Not one I’d reach for every day like I did the chestnuts, although I might if it were piping pot and I needed a green tea.

A huge thanks to TeaBento for sharing this tea with me so I could review it.

Flavors: Chestnut, Grass, Peas, Vegetal