Evening In Missoula

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LisaD
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 22 oz / 650 ml

• “I often order this tea at my local cafe, though its flavors aren’t my favorite. The chammomile is very soothing, but I prefer spicier blends. Still, I like how the mint feels refreshing and...” Read full tasting note
  • “Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Seven- Tea #31 I noticed that this won Tea Source’s best tea award or something so I was kind of expecting more from this herbal. I just seem to taste chamomile with...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thank you to Inkling for the sample! mmmm tastes like a creamy, frothy rootbeer! Of course, they added stevia, which was completely unnecessary. Some Sweet sarsaparilla/rootbeer with lots of...” Read full tasting note
  • “I started drinking this tea recently but it’s quickly become my favorite tisane. All the herbs blend together perfectly, nothing overpowering the other herbs, an aftertaste like birch beer. Tastes...” Read full tasting note

From TeaSource

Our most popular herbal. Chamomile, rosehips, raspberry, papaya, peppermint, spearmint, strawberry leaf, vanilla, passion flower, red clover, star anise, and wild cherry bark. Absolutely fabulous.

About TeaSource View company

I often order this tea at my local cafe, though its flavors aren’t my favorite. The chammomile is very soothing, but I prefer spicier blends. Still, I like how the mint feels refreshing and balances out the chammomile nicely. For those who love soothing teas or chammomile, I recommend this tea!

Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Seven- Tea #31
I noticed that this won Tea Source’s best tea award or something so I was kind of expecting more from this herbal. I just seem to taste chamomile with hints of mint. Nothing I would love, and not a great representative of Tea Source’s teas. Not bad, just not special. Lot of ingredients but the flavor is so plain. Trying to catch up on notes from the teabox, so three tasting notes today!

Mastress Alita

Huh, I just happen to have that tea, to me it smells and tastes like sarsparilla with a touch of mint, it is one of my favorite evening herbals. I really enjoy it.

tea-sipper

I wish it tasted like that, ha. Maybe I didn’t brew it right, or didn’t shuffle the ingredients.

ashmanra

I had one by this name from Montana Tea and Spice. I thought it was good and loved the aroma. My husband was so traumatized by it that he still can’t think about it…and it was years ago that we tried it. I think it is the same tea.

Mastress Alita

Just goes to show that each tongue is as unique as our fingerprints!

Thank you to Inkling for the sample!

Sweet sarsaparilla/rootbeer with lots of vanilla and cream. I like the chamomile and wintermint combination. This is a really tasty herbal, but I hate stevia and wish they had left that out.

Flavors: Anise, Cream, Dry Grass, Fruity, Hay, Lavender, Mint, Peppermint, Root Beer, Spearmint, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 22 OZ / 650 ML

I started drinking this tea recently but it’s quickly become my favorite tisane. All the herbs blend together perfectly, nothing overpowering the other herbs, an aftertaste like birch beer. Tastes good hot or cold, though it tastes a little sweeter if you let it cool. It doesn’t need any sweetener, though I sometimes add a little honey.
I usually steep it 6 minutes but it can probably steep for less than that, I’m used to black teas and this tea looks light yellow in my glass pot but it’s stronger than it looks. This tea can be steeped at least twice and still taste as strong as the first steeping.
This tea is something of a cure-all too.