Golden Buddha

Chocolate, Baked Bread, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by Inkling

• “From the TTB The first steep was nice and smooth and chocolatey. The second I had to leave in for 10 minutes and it still was a bit weak. I guess I expected a stronger second steep from a tea of...” Read full tasting note
  • “A couple of years ago, TeaSource had a black tea I adored called “Golden Mao Feng”. They no longer carry it and I’ve been trying every Chinese black tea with “golden” in the name since trying to...” Read full tasting note

From TeaSource

These long, handmade black tea leaves from Fujian produce an aroma that is sweet and rich. The cup is very complex, yet very balanced: smooth, strong, sweet, and fragrant with a pronounced and lingering black licorice/spicy note.

This tea is from a new cultivar (Mingke 1) developed by the Fujian Tea Research Institute and just released in 1999. This particular lot is made by Mr. & Mrs. Tang of Xiamen, Fujian, who are both graduates of Fu’an Tea School. The school is affiliated with the Fujian Tea Research Institute. This tea is grown at about 2400’ elevation and is produced in Anxi County, Fujian.

About TeaSource View company

From the TTB
The first steep was nice and smooth and chocolatey. The second I had to leave in for 10 minutes and it still was a bit weak. I guess I expected a stronger second steep from a tea of this quality, but what I did drink was delicious, but not all that complex.

Flavors: Chocolate

A couple of years ago, TeaSource had a black tea I adored called “Golden Mao Feng”. They no longer carry it and I’ve been trying every Chinese black tea with “golden” in the name since trying to find a substitute. This one definitely isn’t as good as that one, but I am enjoying it. It has a rich, bready flavor with a nice smooth finish and no astringency. It also re-steeps well.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Smooth

gmathis

Any tea that can be described with bread adjectives is a winner for me!