Almond Amaretto

Bulk, Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Sipdown (1795)! Okay, first things first I have to get it out of my system that “Almond Amaretto” is such a painfully redundant name. Amaretto is made from almonds. It’s like calling something...” Read full tasting note
  • “The first time I had this, I loved it. I tasted a pleasant mixture of coffee and almond. The almond definitely leans in a desserty way, basically like amaretto. The second time, the amaretto aspect...” Read full tasting note

From Teeccino

Hints of summer fruits in an aromatic body deepened by roasted almonds, dates & figs

When we think of cloistered Italian monks during the Middle Ages, images of artfully lettered books and scrolls with hand painted borders, a cappella choirs and carefully tended vineyards comes to mind. Lesser known may be the herbal recipes that were tightly guarded secrets handed down from herb master to apprentice. Amaretto is one of these delicious and healthful herbal elixirs whose fame has survived the centuries; So Italian in its delicious combination of fruit, herb and nut flavors that tantalize and seduce your palate! Teeccino’s Almond Amaretto takes you back to a quieter time when we dearly valued exotic herbs, fruits and spices from far off places we couldn’t dream of visiting. Allow a cup of Almond Amaretto to sweetly transport you there!

Ingredients: Roasted organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, dates, almonds, natural amaretto flavor* , organic figs. Contains: Almonds.
*All Teeccino flavors are extracted from plants and comply with organic standards.

Instructions
• When opening the envelope give a little shake at the top to move the tea bag to the bottom of the envelope. This makes sure the filter bag is below the tear-point in the envelope.
• Pour 8 oz of boiling water over the tea bag in a cup and steep for 3-5 minutes.
• Dunk the bag several times in the beginning for the best brew.
• Use 2 tea bags for a stronger brew in a larger mug or tea pot.
• Add milk, non-dairy milk and sweetener as you prefer.

Helpful Hints
• Adjust brewing strength to your own personal preference. If a brew tastes too strong, simply dilute it by adding hot water, milk or nondairy milk.
• Brewed Teeccino can be reheated because its flavor doesn’t go stale like coffee does. Store brewed Teeccino in the refrigerator for up to a week.
• Iced Teeccino is delicious too!

Health Benefits
• Naturally caffeine free – no processing or chemical residues
• Acid free – helps restore alkaline balance
• Natural energy boost – from nutrients not stimulants
• Antioxidants from carob, barley, dates, figs and almonds
• Contains heart-healthy potassium and soluble fiber
• Prebiotic – inulin from chicory root feeds your probiotics, the beneficial microflora that improve digestive health, regularity and supports your immune system. Inulin extracts naturally into your cup from chicory roots during brewing.
• Brewed Teeccino has no detectable gluten at less than 5 parts per million when prepared with a paper filter or tea bag. This has been verified by independent laboratory tests.

Teeccino Benefits
• Teeccino tea bags make brewing Teeccino easy and convenient at home or on the go!
• Each tea bag contains 6g of Teeccino. Regular tea bags only hold 1 – 2g. Teeccino tea bags have more than 3 times the product as regular tea bags to create a full-bodied brew.
• The exact same Teeccino grounds are in the tea bags as in our 11 oz bags. Tea bags are simply Teeccino in a filter bag.
• Each tea bag is individually wrapped in an envelope to seal in flavor and make it easy to transport wherever you go.
• Certified 100% compostable tea bag filter paper. Oxygen-bleached.
• 100% recycled carton: 70% post consumer material.

About Teeccino View company

Sipdown (1795)!

Okay, first things first I have to get it out of my system that “Almond Amaretto” is such a painfully redundant name. Amaretto is made from almonds. It’s like calling something Chocolate Mocha when a mocha has chocolate in it or Pineapple Pina Colada. It’s in the name.

That aside, I really enjoyed this flavour! I think it’s the most full bodied flavour I’ve tried yet with an intensely heavy roast and dark flavour that is arguably the most coffee like of the ones I’ve tried thus far. What’s been interesting to me with these early flavour explorations is just how much the level of roast has varied. I had kind of assumed that maybe each Teeccino flavour was starting with the exact same base of ingredients and only the flavouring was being swapped, but perhaps that’s not the case…

This does taste strongly like almonds and amaretto though! However, I do find Amaretto incredibly sweet and I definitely wouldn’t call this a sweet cuppa even though those really distinct almond flavours are very present and defined in each sip. It’s hard to say whether or not the fact is tasted like roasted almonds in particular is coming from the flavouring versus the fact this is obviously a roasted tasting tisane – but whatever the case it’s pretty lovely!

Hazelnut still reigns supreme as my favourite flavour thus far, but I’m looking forward to seeing if any of these others I’ve recently picked up will dethrone it.

Cameron B.

My favorite is “PIN number”… (facepalm)

Roswell Strange

Or “ATM Machine”

Martin Bednář

In Czech we use “light emitting (in Czech) LED diode” argh! Teeccino blends sound pretty much good :)

The first time I had this, I loved it. I tasted a pleasant mixture of coffee and almond. The almond definitely leans in a desserty way, basically like amaretto. The second time, the amaretto aspect was too strong, and I ended up with too much of an alcohol flavor remaining. It was still drinkable, but that sharp alcohol tang was unwelcome. The resteep still tasted good though. Thanks tea-and-cats! I wish I had more bags of this so I could deliver a more certain verdict.

Skysamurai

Teeccino is such a unique company

AJRimmer

I’m excited to make an order with them sometime and try more of their flavors!