Pandan Iced Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From Thai Express

Product description not available yet.

About Thai Express View company

1 Tasting Note

Tuesday evening was bad.

I left my office just after 5PM and walked down to the metro – this was probably the hottest day that it’s been in Montreal so far this year and while I was dressed pretty appropriately for the weather I was also hauling my laptop and a bunch of teaware in my backpack. Plus, I’ve still not gotten used to the “wet heat” here in Montreal that feels so much more different and unpleasant compared to the dry heat of the prairies.

When I got to the metro I learned that due to an incident at the stop just ahead in the line that service had been paused and would not be resumed until 6PM – I live verrryyyy far away from the metro stop I get on and had not brought a debit/credit card with me to the office that day so walking or taking a cab was not an option, and I don’t know the bus system at all so I didn’t feel confident trying to catch a bus. So I waited, and the station slowly became like a pack of sardines as people funneled in. Then 6PM rolls around and the announce the delay has been extended to 6:30PM… then 6:45PM… and finally 7PM…

Eventually I finally boarded at about 7:05PM, which meant I got home at around 8PM. I was sore, overheated and sweaty, and pissed at having lost so much of my evening. The last thing I wanted to do was cook, so I ordered in Thai Express. I noticed they had a new pandan iced tea, so I tossed that into my order too. It’s very sweet, very creamy – probably too much sugar for me under normal circumstances. However the flavour of the pandan was strong and cozy – like a big hug after a fucked up evening. The fact it was iced!? Heaven! I pretty much chugged this, and I loved it so much in that moment.