Cherry Cola

Dried Cherries, Organic Rooibos, Sarsaparilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

3 Images

• “Probably my last tea of the day… The dry leaf for this one smells amazing – really screams Cherry Cola, with hints of sweet and creamy vanilla. Makes me think of drinking an amazing float in some...” Read full tasting note
  • “Yesterday I had a sore throat. That went away but all last night I had a dry throat. Then now I’m a bit wheezy and stuffed. Nbd but my tastebuds may or may not be a bit off. I say that because in...” Read full tasting note
  • “meh. No matter what i try to do with this one, it never seems to work. Today i got a little bit more cola, but in the end it really is just a whole lot of rooibos. oh well…never know until you try!” Read full tasting note

From The NecessiTeas

If you love soda, you’ll love this twist on cola with a hint of cherry and french vanilla. Add some milk and sugar to this tea and you will think you are drinking a coke float topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Preparation: Use 1 tsp per 8 oz boiling water, steep 5 minutes.

About The NecessiTeas View company

Probably my last tea of the day…

The dry leaf for this one smells amazing – really screams Cherry Cola, with hints of sweet and creamy vanilla. Makes me think of drinking an amazing float in some old school malt shop/diner. I was all kind of excited to steep this one up in the hope that it would be even half as tasty as it smells.

The taste is awesome; the cherry and vanilla notes both come through quite strongly and clearly and really balance each other out. I don’t think the cola is quite as strong in taste as it was in smell, but it is there and I have so say that it’s better than a lot of cola teas I’ve tried – and I have had my fair share. It’s a little bit citrus-y too, and that makes me wonder if this is one of those blends that uses a combo of citrus and spice to recreate the cola flavour. I don’t taste any spices though, so maybe not. Rooibos base comes through fairly strongly also; pulls you out of the cherry cola illusion a little bit but doesn’t completely shatter it. Thanks for sharing VariaTEA!

Ultimately I really like the taste of this one, the only problem is that as I finish off the mug that nausea/queasiness is coming back in full force and I’m starting to feel really sick. That strong feeling of being right on the verge of gagging or full on throwing up. I’ve felt this sensation so much over the last four days that I know it has ZERO to do with the tea itself, but it’s hard to not wonder what’s triggering it and if that trigger has any connection to the tea…

It’s making the last bit of the mug hard to finish off though, and that’s why this is likely the last tea of the night. Don’t need anything else adding to the nausea. Bleck. Ick. Ugh.

VariaTEA

Glad you liked this but sorry to hear about the nausea. Sometimes it helps to actually throw up but I’m not sure if that’s the case with prolonged nausea. Hope you feel better soon.

Yesterday I had a sore throat. That went away but all last night I had a dry throat. Then now I’m a bit wheezy and stuffed. Nbd but my tastebuds may or may not be a bit off. I say that because in smell this is 100% cherry cola but flavorwise it is a lot more cherry and a touch medicinal.

Lexie Aleah

Have you tried it as a tea pop with some agave?

i would if i did tea pops, but they aren’t really my thing heh