Caramelised Apple Green Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Caramel, Creamy, Dry Grass, Drying
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “I’d pretty much ruled out Twinings once I started drinking loose leaf tea, but I’d heard people say good things about this one (and the Indulgence range in general) so I finally caved in and bought...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown (200) HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING STEEPSTER! I grabbed this tea since the teabag has been hanging out forever and an Apple tea seemed festive in light of the Apple picking and Apple pies my...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was another from missB and a tasty treat tonight. VERY caramel with a side of apple. For a bagged tea, i’ll repeat what i said earlier…it’s pretty good. I just wish the bagged teas we have...” Read full tasting note
  • “Fun tea! Only grabbed two bags from the Twining store in London, so I had to make this count. Light, with some apple, it’s more caramel than anything, but even that is subtle. Nuanced for a bagged...” Read full tasting note

From Twinings

We suggest brewing this tea for a maximum of two minutes,any longer and you’ll lose the delicate taste. Allow one bag per person and add freshly boiled water. Always best enjoyed without milk.

About Twinings View company

I’d pretty much ruled out Twinings once I started drinking loose leaf tea, but I’d heard people say good things about this one (and the Indulgence range in general) so I finally caved in and bought a few to try. I wasn’t expecting a lot, so it was a complete surprise to find that these are actually…really good.

Caramelised Apple is the fourth I’ve tried from the range, and it’s probably my favourite so far. The initial flavour is very much caramel, but it tastes to me like the hard, transparent caramel you’d find on a fairground candy apple, rather than the softer opaque stuff. That probably only makes sense to me, but I know what I mean. The apple comes out mostly towards the end of the sip, and quite well in the aftertaste. It’s a slightly sharp, green apple flavour, and pretty true to life. The clean sharpness cuts through some of the caramel flavour, and it’s a brilliant combination just as it is in reality. It’s not artificial at all, to my tastes, and neither is it overdone or overpowering in terms of sweetness. I like this one a lot, and I don’t often say that about bagged tea.

Sipdown (200)

HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING STEEPSTER!

I grabbed this tea since the teabag has been hanging out forever and an Apple tea seemed festive in light of the Apple picking and Apple pies my family usually has this weekend.

Now that I am drinking the tea, it’s not the Apple (autocorrect insists on capitalizing the word “Apple”) that stands out but rather the caramel. It’s like the chewy caramels people hand out around Halloween. Well the caramels and grass.

go you! 200 finally!

Scheherazade

And grass. Always a good combo! I found these a touch on the vegetal side.

VariaTEA

Haha yeah, the grass part I could live without.

This was another from missB and a tasty treat tonight. VERY caramel with a side of apple. For a bagged tea, i’ll repeat what i said earlier…it’s pretty good. I just wish the bagged teas we have in Canada even came close to these.

Final Count: 71 yay for getting one down today.. WAY too many teas inbound and i’m still working through MissB’s teas that she sent…and those aren’t in my cupboard!

MissB

I seriously need to think about selling teas like Twinings in London does. You can buy any bag by the bag for a small price – just to taste. While I get it might be exhorbitant to ship this way… the bagged tea is so bloody good, I’d be a huge customer.

Yes. These bagged teas are great.

Fun tea! Only grabbed two bags from the Twining store in London, so I had to make this count. Light, with some apple, it’s more caramel than anything, but even that is subtle. Nuanced for a bagged tea.

Flavors: Caramel, Creamy, Dry Grass, Drying