Jungpana Tippy Musk Darjeeling Second Flush Black Tea 2018

High
Edit tea info Last updated by Udyan Tea

4 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “‘Samurai’ Traveling Teabox – Tea #3 The name on this one sure was intriguing… I figured it was some sort of Darjeeling, and I’m correct.  (The package of the tea doesn’t say Darjeeling.) It’s one...” Read full tasting note

From Udyan Tea

An exclusive tea from the Jungpana Tea Estate in Darjeeling located 10 kilometers from the town of Kurseong. Hand selected best tips of the tea bush are rolled into a wiry tea that brews into an amber cup with a sweet fruity aroma. The high caffeine tips lend this tea a strong flavour that is citrusy and woody. A bold cup of tea reminiscent of the famous muscatel flavour.

Tasting Notes: Strong cup, slightly citrusy and woody in flavour

About Udyan Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

‘Samurai’ Traveling Teabox – Tea #3
The name on this one sure was intriguing… I figured it was some sort of Darjeeling, and I’m correct.  (The package of the tea doesn’t say Darjeeling.) It’s one of my favorite types of Darjeeling, very distinct and strong while being complex.  It reminds me a bit of Butiki’s Dark Side of the Melon.  Drying mouthfeel and a brew the color of butternut squash. Flavor almost like aged grapes bordering on raisins.  Super muscatel. As usual, a Darj very difficult to describe but very sophisticated and delicious.   The flavor makes me think of being buried under a giant pile of yellowredorange maple leaves in autumn.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoon for a full mug // 19 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // 5 minutes after boiling  // 4 minute steep