Fruit Bomb Lapsang

Brown Sugar, Butter, Cherry, Floral, Resin, Strawberry, Sweet Potatoes, Black Currant, Carrot, Cream, Honey, Malt, Rhubarb, Rose, Rosehips, Sweet, Vanilla, Violet, Apple, Fruity, Orange, Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by DrowningMySorrows

2 Images

• “Gong fu is the better way to go. I still get the same tequila rose flavor vibe in excellent western and Tumbler grandpa sessions, but I can break it down more so it’s not quite as one dimensional....” Read full tasting note
  • “The name is surprisingly accurate: it’s spectacularly fuity. Classic lapsang body but with a thick texture and an extraordinarily rich upper range of fruitiness. The leaves themselves already smell...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is the 2019 batch of this tea – though since I did the W2T Club box for this year’s “Lapsang Month” I now have a sample of the 2020 version too.. This was probably the most popular of last...” Read full tasting note

From white2tea

The return of our famed Fruit Bomb Lapsang Souchong, after quickly selling out last year we made sure to secure plenty of the 2020 spring edition.

Heavy, intense fruit fragrances over a full bodied Lapsang. A delicious experience.

Also referred to as Zhengshan Xiaozhong and Lapsang Souchong, this is a classic black tea from Wuyi in Fujian province.

Each purchase is for 25g of tea.

About white2tea View company

Gong fu is the better way to go. I still get the same tequila rose flavor vibe in excellent western and Tumbler grandpa sessions, but I can break it down more so it’s not quite as one dimensional. I was also surprised this doesn’t suck as a spring/summer tea. The weather’s heating up in the 90’s the morning with godsent breeze, but this was a really nice first black tea for the day…after some mild morning oolong.

Overall, the tea has a distinctly currant, strawberry and rhubarb kinda vibe to it. Unlike other blacks I’ve had, it’s also got a bit of a creamy note going on with the florals. Rose is definite, and sometimes, some weird note between vanilla and violet. It’s pretty interesting. I’m so glad I got this tea. It’s not a daily tea because I think it needs some care and attention to be savored and enjoyed, and it does have a little bit of a buzz for me. It’s moderately lasting, but I can get tea’d out even when I’ve had this tea on it’s own.

Unfortunately, I’m on a speed sipdown process to go through some of the teas I’ve had for over 4 years along with new fresh ones, so this is not a chug kinda tea….bad for me, but not bad for the tea. I think this one is really easy to approach and would not be a bad way to introduce someone to straight teas because it has enough flavor to stand against some flavored blacks.

Flavors: Black Currant, Carrot, Cream, Honey, Malt, Rhubarb, Rose, Rosehips, Strawberry, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes, Vanilla, Violet

The name is surprisingly accurate: it’s spectacularly fuity.

Classic lapsang body but with a thick texture and an extraordinarily rich upper range of fruitiness. The leaves themselves already smell incredible.
Taste: bitterness at the bottom, typical black tea acidity and buttery, smooth fruit flavor above. Wonderful aroma. I got peach and refreshing citrus notes, but also some carrot sweetness and apple. Very little astringency until later steeps.
I enjoy it most slightly cooled down (but not too much). “straight from the gaiwan” the bitterness can steal some of the spotlight of the fruit.

Works well gong fu, western style and everything in between.

An extraordinary tea definitely worth its price.
If it hadn’t sold out so quickly I would’ve gotten more than a 25g sample. I’m now saving half of it for special occasions and am crossing all of my fingers and toes they get a new batch soon.

Flavors: Apple, Carrot, Fruity, Orange, Peach, Rose

200 °F / 93 °C 1 min, 30 sec 2 g 4 OZ / 110 ML

This was probably the most popular of last year’s Lapsang selections and, in fact, this year’s batch has also already sold out before any of the other LS brought in. People just adore this one, and I can totally understand why. I’ve been careful to stretch out my ounce of it, in the hopes it would come back this year. It’s an amazing tea with brandied red fruit notes, carmelized sweet potato, sweet pine sap resin, ripe plum, and cherries. Truly unique and one of the best unsmoked Lapsang that I’ve ever had!

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CE4tLnDAXXa/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkpgz3uQ58U&ab_channel=InterpolVEVO

Damn. I didn’t even know they did an unsmoked lapsang

ashmanra

Ooooo, I LOVE unsmoked lapsang!

VariaTEA

Sounds interesting. Also, I’m looking forward to seeing your tasting note about the Strawberry Lapsang.