Vanilla Almond (formerly Vanilla Heaven)

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Calendula Petals, Natural Flavours, Rooibos
Marzipan, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by tigress_al

• “This was a good dessert tea. I found that it tasted just as much almond as vanilla though, so the name is a little misleading. But that’s ok because I enjoyed it. I added a tiny splash of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Before Steeping: Colors- beautiful multicolors Scent- nutty and vanilla After Steeping: Color: orangeish, with herbal essance Taste: Nude- Very Vanilla-like, kind of grainy. Not sure if is just the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Good job not logging this tea when you actually drank it, Fjellrev. It’s all gone now too. From memory, I wasn’t overly impressed with this. The flavours were a little weak facing the strong...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another from Zen… a no caffeine option FULL of flavor! Rooibos, almonds, calendula petals and plenty of flavor. It tastes like marzipan (almonds, cherry) with under notes of maybe not the most...” Read full tasting note

From Zen Tea

Fruity with sweet notes. Vanilla flavouring gives the rooibos a wonderful exotic jazz depth. Exceptionally smooth herb with mysterious character and subtle notes of fresh vanilla.
Tea origin : Cedarberg, South Africa(1500- above sea level)
Ingredients : Rooibos, Calendula petals, Almond Slices, Natural flavors
Preparation : 1 heaping teaspoon, boiling water, over 5 min
Price: $9 / 100g

About Zen Tea View company

This was a good dessert tea. I found that it tasted just as much almond as vanilla though, so the name is a little misleading. But that’s ok because I enjoyed it. I added a tiny splash of vanilla creamer because I felt like I needed something to cut the rooibos a little and it amped up the flavour significantly (obviously).

Before Steeping:
Colors- beautiful multicolors
Scent- nutty and vanilla

After Steeping:
Color: orangeish, with herbal essance
Taste:
Nude- Very Vanilla-like, kind of grainy. Not sure if is just the vanilla bean.
With Sugar- grain texture dissapeared, heightened vanilla taste, quite like vanilla extract.

*would be great with a scone

Good job not logging this tea when you actually drank it, Fjellrev. It’s all gone now too. From memory, I wasn’t overly impressed with this. The flavours were a little weak facing the strong rooibos base, but on the plus side, the vanilla was detectable, creamy, and dainty. The almond wasn’t a heavy almond extract kind of almond either, but more like roasted almonds. This had the potential of being great if the vanilla almond weren’t so overpowered by the dry, woodsy base.

Another from Zen… a no caffeine option FULL of flavor! Rooibos, almonds, calendula petals and plenty of flavor. It tastes like marzipan (almonds, cherry) with under notes of maybe not the most genuine of vanilla flavors, but it isn’t the worst vanilla flavor I’ve sipped either. The rooibos is a great quality and adds lovely flavor as well to that deep red cup. I always think that calendula petals add sweetness too… I wish I could try a brew of ONLY calendula petals to try out my theory. A tasty second steep too. This is a great blend I haven’t seen much of anywhere else. I love the elements that fit together for this one!
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug//few minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep

Zentealife.com is having a clearance on their teas! Use code ‘CLEARANCE’ for 50%-80% off the teas. I guess they won’t be selling teas for a while and are focusing on their teaware. Many teas are sold out but some of my faves are still available. I recc Sweet Tropical Island, Chocolate Mint & Phoenix Pearls but almost everything is delicious!

Flavors: Marzipan, Vanilla

I smelled this tea and went “yes I want a pot of this tonight.”

It’s interesting, though. I think the thing I like least about this tea is the immediate taste. There just doesn’t seem to be much to it at first, just a hint of creaminess. However, the vanilla taste lingers, just as you can smell it at first. And that, I must admit, is lovely.

So, I wish it were stronger, but find it nice and relaxing just the way it is.