I got a really cool new yixing in the mail today that I’ll be using for sheng :)

Currently pre-seasoning it with this tea. I gave it a boil for about 45 minutes, took it out and brushed it, and then made extra strong tea with it, which I poured into a pyrex bowl to “steep” the pot in.

I have a new roommate this summer, and I WAS trying to explain my tea obsession without coming off sounding too crazy, but that’s a hard act to keep up when you’re in the kitchen making teapot soup. I’m a fairly awkward person is it is, but so far my roommate seems like a pretty nice guy.

Boiling
mrmopar

At least there are no body parts or steam from the dry ice effect to shake him up yet!

tperez

Hah, not that he knows about at least ;)

Comments

mrmopar

tperez

Hah, not that he knows about at least ;)

My name is Thomas,

I’m a long time coffee and tea lover, but only started my journey into the world of loose leaf and high quality teas about six years ago.

My favorites are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and roasted oolongs, but really enjoy greens when they’re fresh. I’m not much into flavored teas or jasmine/florals, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

Currently working on a degree in nursing.

Other than tea I’m a nature lover, guitar picker, and unabashed nerd.

My Rating Scale: