drank Ying De Hong Cha by jing tea shop

see previous tasting note for more

I used extra leaf today, so about 2 teaspoons I believe. (It’s hard to measure these long wiry leaves). So my full parameters are: 2 tsps of tea, 120 ml of water, 90 °C, 2 minutes, prepared in my small glass teapot (full volume is 200ml but I never fill it up like that).

The brew retained that familiar flavour from my first experience, but it also transformed into a more charming, rich, thick body.

I only purchased this as a 15g sample, but the leaves are making a very good impression on me. It doesn’t make me feel obsessive to buy more, but I am definitely growing more fond of it with each sip. Today’s parameters worked well, so I’ll probably stick with it for the remainder of this sample pack.

edit: Stopped at 6 steeps again. 1 to 3 had a nice thick body, 4 to 6 had good flavour and a dark liquor.