I love the speckled color of the leaves. Beautiful Earth tones of cream, brown, moss, ash. Then after brewing, the leaves open up and present even more assorted color.
The liquor is a golden color with sweet Moscato wine scent & stewed fruits.
The flavor has malt, sorghum, cereal, touch of almond milk. There is no tannin or astringency and I like that about Oriental Beauty.
I have a beautiful purple Zisha Yixing for this tea that I am getting ready to season. I love it.
I love the legends about the Queen and the braggart farmer. I love the lower brew temperature. I love that the leaf hopper (tea jassid) gets to enjoy his breakfast and bite the leaves to add some of the particular flavors.
Everything about this tea is beauty and this one from Teavivre is very delicious!!
__________________________________________________________________________
7/28/14
Had a cup this afternoon. Haven’t had Oriental Beauty in a while bc I burned myself out on it but I’m back!! The liquor is absolutely gorgeous, a pineapple golden yellow. It has flavors of pineapple and honey too. Flavors of cooked pear, stewed peaches,,this one is so balanced and flavorful!! Love it!!

Flavors: Honey, Malt, Pear, Pineapple, Stewed Fruits