This is a wonderful and unique Oolong – Unique because it’s from Indonesia and this is my first time sampling an Oolong from Indonesia (at least, I believe so). It is also unique in aroma – very fruity and floral, it almost smells as though it has been flavored or at least scented with fruit as the aroma is so strong. The brewed tea has a softer fruit and flower fragrance with a vegetative overtone.

The flavor is smooth and vegetal while at the same time, it is sharp and floral. The fruit tones do not emerge until later infusions. The vegetative flavors are earthy and herbal, with an herbaceous tone that lingers in the aftertaste. A strong astringency at the start which tapers off as I continue to sip, and in subsequent infusions it continues to wane.

A remarkable Oolong, I’m so thrilled I had this opportunity to try it.