I have had this for a little while but just got around to trying it today. Yerba Mate always causes a sense of apprehension for me… and I don’t know why. I think it’s because the very first Yerba Mate I tasted was just not very good… it may have been my own fault because I didn’t brew it right, I don’t know.

But that is certainly not Mate Factor’s fault because the Yerba Mate that I tried was from one of my vendors.

Anyways… I hesitated trying this one because of that apprehension… and it was all for naught because this is REALLY good.

A very rich, deep flavor. Earthy but not as earthy as I thought it would be (this is the primary cause behind my apprehension… I’m not always too fond of the earthy quality of Yerba Mate. Fortunately here the earthy quality is not as dominate as I feared it would be) It tastes a bit like freshly ground coffee. It has that deep richness that I associate with coffee.

There is also a savory chocolate note that is absolutely delicious.

I really am digging this!

Boiling 8 min or more