I’m the first to log this? OK…

I got this in my package that arrived on Christmas Eve (along with a few others from 52Teas that I just had to try!) and this is the last of them that I’m trying out… I have to admit I was a little scared of Guayusa. I’m not sure why, except that it is something new to me.

But this is REALLY good. I shouldn’t be surprised by now, because Frank knows his stuff. Lemon-y deliciousness, slightly sweet, not very tart at all. I am trying to pick out the guayusa “flavor” but I guess I’m at a disadvantage simply because I haven’t tried it by itself. There is a smooth, rich earthiness in the background that I would describe as a flavor that sits somewhere between pu-erh and yerba mate, but leaning more toward the yerba mate.

It is definitely worth more exploration, and I think I may have to order the plain Guayusa the next time I place an order.

I ordered this and Lemon Aid on Dec. 20th and have yet to receive it :-(

LiberTEAS

:( Sorry to hear that. I think that the mail is just a bit slow – perhaps in some areas more than others. Hopefully it will arrive soon. I have really enjoyed this.

TeaEqualsBliss

I would love to try this one!

TeaEqualsBliss

I just dropped Ricky a note about guayusa asking if he thought Steepster would be making it a separate category of it’s own or if we are to include it as an Herbal like we are so far. I really think this is going to gain popularity much like Yerba Mate and this it would be neat to have it’s own cat – but I do understand if they want us to just put it in with the Herbals, too…

Batrachoid

Fascinating. It goes to show how important conservation is. One has to wonder what other amazing teas/tisanes lurk for discovery in the rainforests. I definately would put guyasa in its own catagory; I’m getting some as soon as the chance arises.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I still haven’t received my package. So very sad. I hope the mail gets things sorted. I really wanted to try this.

Comments

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I ordered this and Lemon Aid on Dec. 20th and have yet to receive it :-(

LiberTEAS

TeaEqualsBliss

I would love to try this one!

Batrachoid