i’ve brewed this tea at home using water heated in the microwave, so it is not the same quality brew as using the Breville. I used hotter water for the first cup and used a three minute steep – that tea was very astringent to the point I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I might. The darjeeling green tea is much different than the Japanese and Chinese green teas I’ve tried, so I find this an interesting cup. The second infusion was probably closer to 180 and I steeped it for only two and a half minutes. I enjoyed this cup much more than the first. The color was not the normal green tea color, but more like a light oolong tea color. The third infusion was still quite good with some astringency on the tip of my tongue.

I’m a long-time tea drinker with experience mostly with tea bags and lots of iced tea. In early 2011, I purchased a Breville tea maker and started trying several loose leaf teas.

I’m enjoying learning more about teas and developing my favorites. I’ve discovered that the Breville makes a great cup of tea and suspect I enjoy most of the teas I’ve tried much more because of the quality of tea the Breville brews.

Austin, Texas