Steamed Darjeeling Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Travis-Hts

From PA Dutch Tea & Spice Company

A second flush Darjeeling tea from India, grown at 3000 – 4600 feet above sea level. This is a steamed orthodox green tea, with a delicate muscatel taste typical of the Darjeeling region of India.

About PA Dutch Tea & Spice Company View company

I thought this tea was a little too light at first, and thought it was pretty ordinary. However, when I increased the steeping time to 4-5 minutes, it quickly became one of my favorite teas. Balanced Darjeeling flavor, without any bitterness.

i’ve brewed this tea at home using water heated in the microwave, so it is not the same quality brew as using the Breville. I used hotter water for the first cup and used a three minute steep – that tea was very astringent to the point I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I might. The darjeeling green tea is much different than the Japanese and Chinese green teas I’ve tried, so I find this an interesting cup. The second infusion was probably closer to 180 and I steeped it for only two and a half minutes. I enjoyed this cup much more than the first. The color was not the normal green tea color, but more like a light oolong tea color. The third infusion was still quite good with some astringency on the tip of my tongue.