drank Shamrock Tea by 52teas

This is my favorite minty tea! I like that it’s a green tea. Call me silly, but I really don’t need another black tea. (I definitely would never turn one down though!) This is a nice change of pace and thus far has earned a permanent place in my tea corner – or until it is no longer revived.

Confession time: I did cheat on this a little. I had read before that JacquelineM added a finely chopped up vanilla bean to ATR’s Vanilla Noir. Because it worked so well for that, I threw caution to the wind and did the same for Shamrock, balancing out the mint just a bit more.

Brewed really strong for iced tea and still got a few more steeps out of it – 3 if I remember correctly. When I cold brewed the last steep overnight, I was greeted with a punch of mint the next day. I was really surprised the mint lasted that long. It was, dare I say, a little too minty, but still drinkable with a healthy dose of sugar and ice.

It’s heaven with a splash of vanilla-mint simple syrup!

I’m a native Midwesterner (Iowa, specifically) who was happily uprooted to California twice. SoCal is what I consider home, even though I currently don’t live there. I hope to return home again!

Tea has really come to fill the void of my current displacement. My husband & I (with our two tiny weenies) moved to Indiana hardly knowing a soul. It’s been a tougher transition for me than I’d thought it would be. I have amassed a cupboard of teas to keep me company until I feel more familiar in my newer surroundings.

I will refrain from giving numerical values to teas because I am a faddist. My likes and dislikes are constantly changing. Flavored blacks are what I gravitate to the most. Having said that, I do enjoy a wide variety of teas – you name it, I’ll try it. I may not like it today, but I might revisit it later and love it.

Flavor note: I prefer my teas to be bold in flavor. I am starting to come around to drinking tea without additives. But I do like to dirty my tea with rock sugar/simple syrup and sometimes with half-n-half/milk. Unflavored greens are unsweetened, but flavored greens I usually add rock sugar. Lately I have been favoring flavored guayusa and matés.

Indianapolis