drank Forever Nuts by DAVIDsTEA

I’ve put off getting this tea for a while cause a nutty tea just seemed like such a strange concept to me. But the other day, after smelling it at the store I picked up a cup and WOW – it was soooooo good. So of course, I had to pick up some for myself. Fast forward to now, I’m sitting here sipping on a mug of Forever Nuts, thinking about how the flavours make this is such an appropriate fall tea. Outside my window, the falling leaves are all golden, orange and red.

I brewed this one for quite a short time on the first brew (4 mins, the low end of their recommended steeping time). The flavour is quite strong (which I prefer); delicious. It’s like indulging on an apple crisp without the calories. And the best part is: you can have it all day; all the time! This was also really pretty to look at as it steeped as it turned a pink-red hue.

On the second brew, I still got a strong flavour, slightly less than the first (and a bit lighter in color), but still tasty. The strength may be because a) I didn’t steep it for very long the first time and b) I left it steeping for a really long time. It’s definitely lost some of the nutty almond-ness, so the apple flavour is dominant.

This is one that I will be repurchasing for sure!

First brewing (4 mins)
Look: brilliant deep pink – red
Smell: nutty almond, apple crisp, toasty almond
Additions: white sugar

Second brewing (~15 min)
Smell: apple
Look: still strong pink/light red color
Additions: brown sugar
Taste: apple, apple crisp/pie

On an random note, does anybody eat this tisane? I’ll admit that I couldn’t help but snack on it hehe..

Teavangelical

my bird and i will often share a cup of this while he snacks on the almonds and apples from my infuser. it’s one of my favourites for that and many other reasons. also, i love making a forever nuts latte first thing in the morning in a clear mug. definitely gets people curious about what you’re drinking :)

amaranthos

Nice! Sometimes I have to stop myself from eating the dry nuts from my infuser prior to making my tea.
Oooo, I’ve never thought of using this tea in a latte. Cool idea! I think I’ll have to try that out someday. What proportions do you use?

Comments

Teavangelical

amaranthos