drank Keemun Mao Feng by Rishi Tea

This tea just doesn’t get a lot of attention from me. Mostly because it is my emergency backup tea that I keep at work. It’s good enough to have when I need tea but not good enough that I crave it enough when I’m at home. This is also a tea that, for me, benefits from a longer steep time. It keeps the note (of what I think would be the pine) smooth and not as tart tasting (though if I let it cool too much, there can get to be a little mouth-pucker taste going on). I think this would qualify as a medium bodied tea, though probably edging a bit towards thin. A bit earthy but more tree than dirt tasting earthy (and I think I’d go for more dirt because I think that’s a bit of what I taste with cocoa-tasting teas… maybe). Anyway, a good enough tea to have when I need something, but there are happier Keemuns out there for me.