drank Organic Blue Nettle by Butiki Teas

Thanks Stacy for sending me such a unique sample!

As green teas go, the Blue Nettle is a standout performer. It reminds me of the spinach and artichoke dip that we whip up for football parties, and that is definitely a good thing! Other reviewers have already alluded to the shape that the tea is rolled into, and the glass bodum pot that I used to brew it up let them twirl like a slow motion spinning top. I was a bit worried about how weak the flavor might be because of the faintly pale yellow liquor it had produced after its 3 minutes were up but I guess strength of color and strength of taste don’t necessarily go hand in hand. As tasty as this one is, I can only imagine that it might be hard to source down the line as its popularity grows since it is thankfully one of the fair trade and small farmed teas. I would order and experience it while you can!

Bonnie

I ordered more for the exact same reason! It is a wondrously different tea.

Kittenna

Oooh, I have a sample of this one too! Excited to try :D

ScottTeaMan

Jason, How big is your pot, and how many cones did you use?? Thanks!

Blue Nettle Link:

Scott, Butiki is $8.00 cheaper for 4oz

That’s good to know. :))

Comments

Bonnie

I ordered more for the exact same reason! It is a wondrously different tea.

Kittenna

Oooh, I have a sample of this one too! Excited to try :D

ScottTeaMan

Jason, How big is your pot, and how many cones did you use?? Thanks!

Blue Nettle Link:

Scott, Butiki is $8.00 cheaper for 4oz

That’s good to know. :))

I am so very new to loose leaf tea and, after decades of really really good coffee, I am blown away by the diversity and complexity that this little leaf has to offer. Every new cup is an adventure and I look forward to sharing them with you!

+ I attempt to rate teas in comparison to others I’ve tried of the same general variety, so a green tea rated at 95 vs a pu’er at 90 doesn’t necessarily mean that I liked the green better than the pu’er – it just means I liked it better than most other greens.

Castle Rock, CO