Quite a while ago, I purchased some Maharaja Chai Oolong. I took one sip and knew that my mom would love this tea, as she is always craving hot tamales and big red gum (I hate big red gum), so I gave it to her.

But alas, I received this sample and had to give it another go. For me, the sweetness helps me tolerate the overwhelming cinnamon taste. But like other reviewers, I feel this is the tea’s downfall. I don’t understand why they used the balance of spices they did, but then again I feel that that is mainly the Maharaja Chai that is overpowering. I’ve never tried the Samurai Chai alone, although I have heard a lot of positive things about the Samurai/Ayurvedic chai blend. Try that one if you’re looking for a good chai blend. Otherwise, if you love Big Red gum, you will love this.

I’ve been drinking loose leaf teas for about 4 years and really enjoy the sense of contentment it brings to my busy life. I suppose tea is an experience you inherently have to slow down and enjoy, as it quiets the mind and allows you to hear more readily. I am also interested in Buddhism, yoga, meditation, and psychotherapy.

Here are some of my favorite teas:

Organic Silver Needle White Tea (Teavivre)
Bailin Gongfu Black Tea (Teavivre)
Buttered Rum (DavidsTea)
Gyrokuro/Gyrokuro Genmaicha (Teavana)
Apple Green Tea (Indigo Tea Company)
Strawberry Festival (Indigo Tea Company)
Mom’s Apple Pie (David’s Tea)
Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls/Rooibos Tropica Blend (Teavana)

Eagan, Minnesota