drank Orange Pekoe by Tetley

This is what we call " Nan tea" in Newfoundland, it’s basically the only tea the older people drink here, and the only orange pekoe they’ll drink is the Tetley. I grew up with this tea and as a child I assumed that this was the only tea available.
Since being home I’ve spent a great deal of time with my nan. One thing we have in common is drinking Tetley Orange Pekoe. I drank it the only way I have for years, with canned milk and sugar twin.

-nicole-

I try to explain to my friends here on the mainland why I always ask for ‘fresh milk’ when I order tea.. because home in NL people always assume canned! And I also grew up drinking ‘nan tea’.. at 3 years old my nan is letting me sip it out of her cup.. so comforting now, though not as tasty as most teas!

Megan Parrell

I actually only enjoy canned milk in my orange pekoe, I drink everything else without milk. You are entirely right, it is quite comforting.

Comments

-nicole-

Megan Parrell

I’m a twenty-one year old religious studies student at Memorial University. Slightly insane, and can talk for years on anything, I enjoy woollen mittens, glasses that cover 46%-52% of my face, and cows. I really like to knit and sew when I get the chance, I’ve recently developed a love of making/wearing large hairbows. I love the 20’s the hair the clothes, the cigarette holders (even if i don’t smoke) Oh and tea, tea is just dandy.

Rating system;
80-100
Absolutely in love, this tea will be added to my regulars.

60-80
I’ll totally drink it again, may buy it here and there, depending on my mood.

40-60