drank Pu Erh Poe by Adagio Teas

One of the samples from my recent Adagio order. I don’t have a lot of experience with pu’erh, but I’d like to try more. I went gong fu with this one, although I didn’t time the infusions.

I did a quick rinse of the leaves, then steeped for around 15-seconds or so. I found the taste to be very light and sweet, without much of the earthiness I’ve come to associate with pu’erh. I wonder if it’s because I didn’t steep long enough; I’ll try Western style next time.

This isn’t a remarkable tea, but it’s light and naturally sweet. I don’t think I’d reorder it though.

Boiling
Bonnie

I had this a long time ago and steeped it after rinsing for almost 4 minutes. Then I made a latte with it eventually which didn’t taste bad at all. The wierd inital smell didn’t translate into the flavor.

Michelle

Yeah, I think I need to try a longer steep of this one.

Comments

Bonnie

Michelle

Yeah, I think I need to try a longer steep of this one.

Michelle, 19. College student: upstate NY.

I really enjoy tea, British television and theatre. I read a lot, write a lot, dream a lot.

Geneva, NY, United States