drank Sakura Sencha by Den's Tea

I’ve been enjoying lighter flavored teas in the afternoons since it is now so hot around here so when I checked the mail and saw my package from silvermage2000 I knew what tea I would be having.
This tea is so pretty. Long, slender hunter green leaves with small light pink balls scattered throughout. The scent is mainly buttery green sencha with a light cherry in the background. I like the time/temp suggestions because it is like having 2 teas in one. I guessed as to the temperature, but I think I must have hit the higher temp range because the tea is heavier on the cherry than the sencha.
The tea brews up to a beautiful golden color which is the color every green tea should be. With the temperature of water that I used, the tea starts off with a slightly sweet/tart cherry flavor followed by a very buttery sencha. I always seem to want my senchas to be more buttery, but this one is just perfect. I can’t wait to continue to play with the temperatures of this tea to see what it results in.
Thank you silvermage2000 for a chance to try this tea. It is truly one of the better green teas I’ve ever had.

2nd infusion, 15 seconds – I was really surprised that there was so much flavor at only 15 seconds. This cup is more floral with a sweeter edge. There was also quite a bit of sencha dust in my mug.

3rd infusion, 25 seconds – This was a more floral cup but the sweet edge is gone.

4th infusion, 35 seconds – Smooth, buttery sencha with the floral aspects hanging out in the aftertaste.

5th infusion, 45 seconds – Significantly lighter in color and flavor. This cup is good, but I think I’ll call it quits after this.

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: