Most people haven’t familiarized themselves with the processes that occur at the bottom of a pile of fermenting tea leaves. I had recently been introduced to the idea and this is my first experience with trying such a tea.

The brew is golden and sweet even from the beginning. Garrett suggests rinsing three times. That’s fine and well…since I like lighter steepings I often choose to rinse only once or twice if I’m making this for myself. There is kind of a sugary crispness that is present with this tea. For those of you only familiar with much stronger and muddy Pu’ers I would suggest this as a much nicer, sweeter alternative to that.

I am a lover of everything good. Rivers, fields, plains, forests, lakes, mountains, valleys, deserts – people, tea, beer, cheese, wine. But mainly, more than anything, I love God. None of these other things are worth a cent without Him.

P.S. If you’re ever in Milwaukee and looking for someone to drink tea with for an afternoon, don’t hesitate to send a message.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin