Chen Xiang Aged Ripe Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “Finishing off the rest of my sample tonight. I had a bunch of vegan chili with beans and this seems like the perfect thing to have after a heavy meal. I did two steeps for around 30 seconds in a...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2469 tasting notes

From Bana Tea Company

Chen Xiang Aged Ripe Pu-erh (1994 vintage—mixed harvest)
(formerly called 16-Year-Old Ripe)

Weight: 50 grams (1.76 oz) or 100 grams (3.5 oz) loose leaf
Type: Ripe Pu-erh (fermented)
Grade: 3 & 4
Production area: Menghai, Xishuangbanna Prefecture, Yunnan Province

Chen Xiang literally translates to “the fragrance of aged” Pu-erh tea. Formerly known as 16-yea-old Ripe Pu-erh, this tea has aged to achieve the “Chen Xiang” sought after by Pu-erh connoisseurs. Its mellow, smooth aged ripe Pu-erh flavor is not only satisfying to the palate and soothing to the stomach, it is also calming to the soul. Drink it after a meal or whenever you feel overwhelmed.

About Bana Tea Company View company

Finishing off the rest of my sample tonight. I had a bunch of vegan chili with beans and this seems like the perfect thing to have after a heavy meal. I did two steeps for around 30 seconds in a gaiwan and poured the results into an Irish coffee mug. It does seem a shame to toss the leaves now but perhaps I will cold steep them and drink them in the morning. This is a luscious pu-erh for sure, clean and mellow with no weird aromas or flavors in sight. See previous notes for more info.

KittyLovesTea

When I have vegetarian chili I always have a cup of Pu Erh afterwards because they really do go very well together. Odd seeing as they come from two different parts of the world lol. This brand sounds delicious _

Bonnie

Sounds like it would be good iced! I bottle and chill puerh which is refreshing.

TeaBrat

I do like the Bana teas I have had so far!