Cream Fantasy

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Po Nee Monet Bouquet

From Basilur

Cream Fantasy is a special green tea that is masterfully blended with the sweet, subtle flavors of berries and cream and a light base of flower petals – a sweet delight. All natural. Drink hot, cold or warm. From Sri Lanka.

About Basilur View company

I picked this up at the CNE. $4 for 100g. Too bad I only had a ten left on me, the prices were sooooo cheap, I could have made some serious change reselling their bargain teas! seriously!
For that price? wow. This was a STEAL.
The tea itself is a little overflavoured. But then I haven’t had the chance to get to the second steep yet. This is my third try already and life just keeps getting in the way?! Maybe next week… I get the impression (distantly) that there might be something floral hiding underneath. We shall see!
Bah. Either way, this is SO going in the TTBA, which ships out on Tuesday! fyi! This one’s for you Ssajami:)
Anyhow, I don’t taste much of the green base, if any, but that’s ok. Creamy strawberry campino candy anyone? Yeah, it’s pretty sweet on it’s own! Very sweet. SO much so that I doubt even a young kiddo would add sugar.
There is a hint of waxiness in there as well, but not much. So bare that I really don’t notice it, and in fact I don’t mind it at all because everything else about it is so lovely.

This is the company that has the books right?

Yah. Really wishing I’d bought more now :/

Cavocorax

Never heard of them, but those books are cute! Glad you got a good deal, even if you wish you’d grabbed more.

Indigobloom

They are adorable!! maybe next year, if they are there again :)

they were at the toronto tea festival too this year

Indigobloom

yep, but I didn’t pay them any attention at the time for some reason

Thank goodness that the first time I had this tea it was prepared by an expert. I don’t do it justice. However, I am getting better. I was able to get 3 cups out of a skimpy teaspoon. It smells amazing and tastes just the same. The name fits the experience perfectly. Bare with me, I’m new to the wonderful world of tea. I definitely recommend you try it!

Magali

Could you maybe please give more details on brewing? Amount, approx temp, steeping time?

Po Nee Monet Bouquet

Unfortunately, the package does not make it easy for a novice as it does not have any brewing information. I used a teaspoon. The approx temp is 180 degrees. The steep time is 3 to 4 minutes. I’ve also cold brewed a teaspoon in a 20 oz bottle and that tasted great as well. I hope you come back and share your experience.