Red Velvet

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by BrewLaLaTea

From Brew La La Tea

Dessert minus the guilt! Now you can enjoy your favorite red velvet cake without all those unwanted calories! USDA Organic certified, Kosher certified and Caffeine Free!

At Brew La La Tea we are very proud to partner with organic farmers who are committed to practicing sustainable agriculture and creating a better quality of life for their staff, families & communities. All of our tea is handpicked from the finest tea leaves and is made from all natural ingredients.

For a review please check out:

About Brew La La Tea View company

I’m not usually all that excited to taste rooibos blends. But, I’ve tried more tasty ones than I’ve tasted not tasty ones, so I’m sure that my hesitancy to “embracing” rooibos has to do with my initial impression of it … the first time I tasted rooibos, I wasn’t all that in love with it. But since then, I’ve found many blends that I’ve liked, and I even like plain rooibos on occasion – although I must say that organic rooibos is definitely better than the conventionally grown rooibos. And yes, with rooibos, I can definitely taste the difference.

This is a really tasty rooibos blend – and get this, it even has hibiscus in it! But it all works … and it works well together.

This is not a chocolate-y red velvet. Rather, it’s a cherry and vanilla “red velvet”. I can taste a cake-like taste to it, and I can taste a tangy flavor that tastes like cream cheese. It’s like a cherry/vanilla cupcake with cream cheese frosting. And it’s quite yummy.

Here’s my full-length review:

Still on the quest for the perfect red velvet tea. Did you know red velvet is one of my favorite things? Well, you do now! I was a little nervous to see that these teabags were so small, but good things can come in small packages, right? The scent of this blend is very much rooibos with a hint of something tart in the background — not sure if I can say it’s hibiscus or raspberry. I’m worried that it’s not going to be the red velvet tea I want after all.

Sipping… well, this is definitely not red velvet cake for me at least. There is a strong rooibos flavor followed by a nice cherry note. Surprisingly, the hibiscus is not very present except maybe in adding some tartness to the cherry. The thing that I don’t like about this tea is that the flavors fade very fast. Nothing lingers and it’s as if the tea gives everything up for you to enjoy for only a second. On the other hand, the cherry is not artificial enough to bother me, so it’s very drinkable. I do think that I will continue to drink this tea, as it is a nice rooibos and cherry blend, but it’s not a repurchase.

Yum.. I like red velvet too! Very seldom do people make it here, but I do enjoy it. Maybe because my favorite color is red :). Good luck on finding a blend that makes you happy. I’ll be interested in seeing what you find.

Suziqzer, so far most of the blends I’ve tried have been.. disappointing, but enjoyable as they are.. just not as a red velvet tea. If you happen to find a good one, let me know! :) Always nice to find someone else who appreciates red velvet!

If I come across one I will certainly let you know :)