Masala Chai

Chai Tea
Cardamom, Cinnamon Chips, Ginger Root, Indian Black Tea, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

• “In the bag, oh god, rich and pungent. Every note of the aroma–cinnamon, green cardamom, ginger, and vanilla, according to the ingredients list–is as raucous as the streets of Mumbai, fiercely proud...” Read full tasting note
    SnootyTeaPerson 90 tasting notes
  • “For a tea that smells like literal chai heaven in package this tea was one heck of a let down. Seriously. Huge let down. It's missing something important that give chai it's spicy, complex...” Read full tasting note
    JamiG 26 tasting notes

From Chai Diaries

There is something chaotic yet poetic about Bombay! We love the hustle bustle, colors and chai-wallah-breaks there! In an attempt to capture these distinct memories we created this tea. A robust blend of organic black tea, ginger, cinnamon, green cardamom and other natural flavors, this pays homage to the daily ritual of conversation and tea breaks!

About Chai Diaries View company

In the bag, oh god, rich and pungent. Every note of the aroma–cinnamon, green cardamom, ginger, and vanilla, according to the ingredients list–is as raucous as the streets of Mumbai, fiercely proud of who it is and what it represents. Already, Chai Diaries is starting off strong.

Unfortunately, the brewing instructions lead to oversteepage. It says 5-7 minutes, and erring on the side of 7 led to a disappointing cup of Nope, Does Not Work. Luckily, it’s forgiving enough that the tea wasn’t mouth-wrenchingly horrible–just monosyllabic. With such a letdown for what seemed to be a vivacious, promising tea, it had to be re-tried. Everyone deserves a second chance. Even your crazy ex. (Though only one second chance, do you hear me? Not two. Not three. Just one. Otherwise it’s your own dang fault.)

The good news is that shorter infusions turn out much better. What’s remarkable about this chai is…

Full review here: http://snooteablog.com/2013/07/07/snooty-tea-review-chai-diaries/

For a tea that smells like literal chai heaven in package this tea was one heck of a let down. Seriously. Huge let down. It’s missing something important that give chai it’s spicy, complex uniqueness. Without it this chai is just very bland, and sadly I’ve had better chai from a bag.
It doesn’t help that I’ve been all chai’d and black tea’d out fir the last year and half either. Even my chai obsessed nephew wasn’t impressed with this one. Overall it’s a good comforting tea that will by no means, knock your socks off. Buts it’s still good to have in the cupboard for those chilly afternoons.

Amaryllis

Cloves! That’s what this chai is missing! I had forgotten about that. I remember the first time drinking this tea thinking how ridiculous it was that it didn’t have cloves.

Unfortunately I don’t remember what it tastes like after adding my own cloves to it. But hopefully someday, when I can once again look at a chai without wanting to bury it far, far away into the tea cupboard and away from my person, I’ll write about it. But now is not that time. Oh well.