Chocolate Chai

Cardamom, Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Flavor, Ginger, Indian Black Tea
Spices
Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 2 g 10 oz / 295 ml

• “Thanks, Nicole_Martin for this tea! This is an excellent chocolate tea- Probably the best I've had. The chocolate is not too chemically tasting, like most of the ones I've had. It has just the...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes
  • “For some reason, I am not tasting any chocolate in Chai Diaries Chocolate Chai. This is a spicy chai, and I'd have guessed that there's more than just cardamom and ginger involved on the spice...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 896 tasting notes
  • “I'm going to have to give an official rating later. I think I steeped it too long and lost the chocolate flavor. I can still kinda taste it. The chai is good though. It doesn't have that spicy kick...” Read full tasting note
    skysamurai 248 tasting notes

From Chai Diaries

Indian black tea, ginger root, green cardamom, chocolate chips with chocolate flavor. Sweet & Spicy! This stunning blend of black tea, ginger, cinnamon and green cardamom mingles with chocolate chips to delight the senses! This blend brings sweetness to your cup and can either cap off a great day or lift your dampened spirit.

About Chai Diaries View company

Thanks, Nicole_Martin for this tea!

This is an excellent chocolate tea- Probably the best I’ve had. The chocolate is not too chemically tasting, like most of the ones I’ve had. It has just the right balance between sweet and spicy. Quite yummy!

The Wandering Diary

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it! Get more chai-tea choices and other great blends on www.mychaidiaries.com

For some reason, I am not tasting any chocolate in Chai Diaries Chocolate Chai. This is a spicy chai, and I’d have guessed that there’s more than just cardamom and ginger involved on the spice front—maybe clove and pepper, too? But what I do not detect at all is the chocolate, which is said to be present in two forms: chocolate chips and chocolate flavoring.

The black tea base is pretty good. In fact, I drank this chai with only a bit of half and half, though this is the one type of blend which I generally drink sweetened. Good to know that there’s a spicy chai out there that I can imbibe without adding a huge dollop of sweetened condensed milk!

I might try a custom-blend combination of one sachet of Harney & Sons Valentine’s Blend (a chocolate-flavored black tea) with one sachet of Chocolate Chai. Maybe that will amp up the chocolate to the point of being detectable by me… It could be that the ginger and cardamom are just overwhelming the chocolate here. I may also be partly at fault, since I was a eating a brownie before drinking this tea. Seemed like a good idea at the time…

(Blazing New Rating #64)

Flavors: Spices

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

I’m going to have to give an official rating later. I think I steeped it too long and lost the chocolate flavor. I can still kinda taste it. The chai is good though. It doesn’t have that spicy kick I like but the flavors are enough for me to look past that.

Going to add some chocolate almond milk and warm it up…

Too hot… but good!

The Wandering Diary

Hi – try steeping it for just about 3-5 mins…its subtle more as an aftertaste…