Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by EastPacificTea

From East Pacific Tea Co.

This certified tea from the Darjeeling region of India produces a cup of refined exotic flavours like no other. The mountain grown leaves have a distinct rich taste that you will love.

About East Pacific Tea Co. View company

Backlogging and sipdown from yesterday…I will miss this one a great deal!

Nik

I have now seen both K S and you use this phrase: what is a “sipdown”? Thanks!

Kittenna

Sipdown means the tea is no longer in her cupboard! Finished off the last of it. A bunch of us have kind of borrowed the term, but I think TEB came up with it.

Nik

Thanks, Kittenna!

K S

Yep, I learned it from T=Bliss. Its the EVOO of the tea world. Guess that makes her Rachael Ray?

I didn’t brew this in a Gaiwan, but, after reading Geoffrey’s notes I think I shall try it the next time I steep it. I didn’t even realize that this was a Darjeeling Oolong until after I tasted it. When I approached the steeping, I brewed it in my Breville, and if I had known it was an Oolong, I would have reached for my gaiwan instead.

Nevertheless, this is wonderful brewed in my now conventional way (Breville … how did I live before I got you?) Beautiful fruit-tones (raisin-y) with a lovely set of spices. Almost autumnal in taste, this Pure Nirvana. I love it! Love, LOVE love it!

This is the first Darjeeling oolong I’ve ever tried. And if it’s any indication of what else is produced there, I want “MOAR”! I did this gongfu-style so as to take note of the flavor changes, and while it maintained a similar palate between for successive infusions, it emboldened fabulously. I would not prepare this western-style as recommended on the East Pacific Tea website, do this in a gaiwan. You won’t regret the fruit notes. I swear on it.

Full Review: http://lazyliteratus.teatra.de/2011/06/22/smells-like-pure-nirvana/