Paris Mon Amour

Assam Black Tea, Rose Buds
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

• “It is so frigidly cold in my office that I am wearing my winter coat and my toes are numb in my boots. I wanna go home. Unfortunately I have to teach this afternoon, so I can't go home until after...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1855 tasting notes
  • “Wow why is there only one other review? I'm sad I didn't try most of these before the vente-privee sale. This definitely would have been part of my order. Anyways, it being valentines and all I...” Read full tasting note
    Mnoelle225 206 tasting notes

From Fauchon

What’s there to do in Paris in the afternoon? Thousands of things. Nothing. Drink tea. Always in style.
A woody, floral tea flavored with tender rose.

The rose is the perfect choice for a tea celebrating Paris, city of lovers. Its aroma harmonizes beautifully with the wood and spice notes of a black Assam tea, with all of the sweetness of love’s embraces and the savour of ardent kisses.

Black tea (Inde), rose buds (3%), rose-lotus flavor.

Allergens
May contain traces of nuts.

About Fauchon View company

It is so frigidly cold in my office that I am wearing my winter coat and my toes are numb in my boots. I wanna go home. Unfortunately I have to teach this afternoon, so I can’t go home until after that. And university facilities refuses to do anything about the lack of heat in the building. ugh.

I picked up this one at the Vente-Privee sale. Initially I was unsure about it because it has a 100% assam base, but I went for it anyway. It is occuring to me now that it is essentially a rose black tea and I already know I love Fauchon’s La Rose, so why would I need this one on a base I might not enjoy? Well we’ll see how it goes haha. This is also technically rose-lotus flavor, so there’s that.

It smells nicely rosey, and it doesn’t have any of that note that I dislike in assams (hard for me to explain what it is, there is just a note I don’t like). The flavor is mostly rose, but perhaps there is some lotus in here as well. Definitely floral overall. It’s a tad bitter for my liking (it’s got “bite”), but that could possibly be fixed with short steep time. Or I could keep it at home to have a nice milky rose tea on the weekends.

Overall I think I need to accept that I am just not a fan of teas from the Indian mainland (Sri Lanka is ok) and stop buying them, even in the form of bases for flavored teas.

Dustin

You need a space heater under your desk! That or an electric lap blanket. They have some small ones that run off USB outlets so you can stay warm at your computer! At least you have a nice tea to keep you warm!

Dinosara

Haha yeah, although what I really need is for them to turn the heat on! The entire building (not just my office) is totally freezing. I don’t understand how this hasn’t been fixed already.

Wow why is there only one other review?
I’m sad I didn’t try most of these before the vente-privee sale. This definitely would have been part of my order. Anyways, it being valentines and all I thought a rose tea would be appropriate. I woke up to breakfast in bed from the boyfriend this morning before he left for work. After I decided to take a shower and then use my new Lush face mask (brazened honey). I then decided to take a bubble bath, ha ha a little backwards but hey! It’s Valentines and ill do what I want to! I split my bath bomb in half and went to town! I chose Lush’s Sex Bomb! My absolute favorite from there! So soothing! I felt like a million bucks soaking in the amazing scent! I read and drank this tea for a while! Mmmm mmmm mmmm!
I definitely am a rose lover and I love how well this paired with the Assam base. A perfect balance of woodsy and floral notes. Pure perfection for my relaxing afternoon! Thank you MissB for this!

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Kaylee

That sounds amazing. Glad you had such a good day!

CelebriTEA

It does sound AMAZING…so glad that it sounds like things are turning around for you.
I second Kaylees emotion…so glad to hear you had such a good day.