Chai Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by AJ

• “I am not allowed dairy products until tomorrow, but it was too late in the evening for caffeine. I was limited to my small collection of caffeine-free tisanes, but I didn't want anything fruity. I...” Read full tasting note
    supermoon10 373 tasting notes
  • “I am not a huge chai fan but for a free sample I can't complain. I actually liked this tea. It wasn't anything special, mostly just easy drinking, not too overpowering, but nothing too memorable...” Read full tasting note
    daniil 69 tasting notes

From Four O'Clock Organic

Imagine if you could, combining the grandeur of the African Kalahari desert with the Taj Mahal’s magnificent view; and you will get a picture of our new Organic and Fair Trade Rooibos Chai.

Inspired by this vision, our unique blend combines the South African Rooibos perfectly balanced with exotic Sri Lankan spices, both issued from small cooperatives which abide by the Fair Trade standards.

Fair Trade helps farmers and their families to make a better living by ensuring that they are paid a fair price for their crops.

Ingredients: Organic rooibos*, organic cinnamon bar*, organic cardomom seeds*, organic ginger*, organic cloves*, organic star anise, organic black pepper*.

• Fair Trade certified.

Directions: Brew this unique blend of Rooibos and spices, very gently, to fully appreciate its virtues. Pour a cup of freshly boiled water over one tea bag and steep for 4 to 5 minutes.

About Four O'Clock Organic View company

I am not allowed dairy products until tomorrow, but it was too late in the evening for caffeine. I was limited to my small collection of caffeine-free tisanes, but I didn’t want anything fruity. I wanted something heavier, like tea. But the chai rooibos just wasn’t that heavy. So I decided to experiment. I made it with hazelnut-flavoured coffee whitener (not mine, but my mother’s), with honey and vanilla extract mixed in. I don’t know, I felt like something heavy, spicy but sweet. …I want spice cake. Hrm.

Coffee whitener is quite odd, but I liked the hazelnut taste, so overall it turned out all right. Warm. Plus, it rids my mouth of the, uh, copper taste. Stupid wisdom teeth.

Cofftea

LOL! Coffee whitener? Not what I’d call it, but it is a correct discription. I love adding it to chais:)

I am not a huge chai fan but for a free sample I can’t complain. I actually liked this tea. It wasn’t anything special, mostly just easy drinking, not too overpowering, but nothing too memorable either. Wouldn’t buy it for sure, would I drink it again if offered – probably. I’ve had worse chai teas :P