Organic China White Fujian Silver Needle

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Mel

From Grace Tea Company

This traditional silver needle white tea, or Bai Hao Yin Zhen, is one of the most celebrated teas cultivated in China’s Fujian province. We are pleased to offer a certified Organic selection of this unique white tea, comprised of needle-shaped tea buds with silvery white down on each grey-green leaf. Made exclusively from a select picking of the plump spring budset, it has a delicately sweet flavor reminiscent of ripe melons. When brewed, the liquor is almost pale silver in the cup. We have been told by our sources that this style of white tea must be tasted at least once in a tea drinker’s lifetime.

About Grace Tea Company View company

I don’t consider myself a high-brow tea taster by any stretch, but I do have a rather informed opinion about Yinzhens. They were the first loose leaf tea I ever tried, so – naturally – I have a pedestal in which to reference. This Silver Needle took said pedestal, spat on it, and ordered a completely new chair – an ottoman, I think. (I.e. It was superb.)

Full Review: Pending on www.itsallabouthteleaf.com

This is my very first experience with silver needle. Well, I am a fan now! This ranks up there with having REAL sencha. And that changed everything for me.

I received this sample from Doulton. This tea is quite amazing. I got 4 rebrews from it, adding 1-2 minutes to each brew. And it’s great both iced and hot. It’s just so perfect, it has such an elegance to it. For being such a light brew, it produces such a loud flavor.

Thank you Doulton for this tea. It is quite amazing, and I am now addicted. I want to marry this tea.