Edit tea info Last updated by gtc

• “Contessa Grey is one of the most creative blend I've ever tasted. Who would have thought of blending shiso with Earl Grey? ;) I'd say this is a successful, tasty formula! I don't know how to...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 318 tasting notes
  • “I seem to be the first one to post something about this tea. Surprising considering it's included in the Treasures Box and a few people have bought this box. At the same time, it's not one of...” Read full tasting note
    LaFleurBleue 111 tasting notes
  • “My body doesn't like eucalyptus. If tea tree aromatherapy blocks up your nose, you will likely find this a very bitter tea no matter now you brew it. I had to give it all away.” Read full tasting note
    ryan13 9 tasting notes
  • “Interesting blend. I was pleasantly surprise the blend of bergamot and shiso. It leaves a fragrant aftertaste on the tongue and in your nose. It is lightly sweet as well. However resteeping doesn't...” Read full tasting note
    Janoch 1 tasting notes

From Gryphon Tea Company

Created by our master blenders, a blend of high grown Ceylonese black tea has been delicately fused with Mediterranean eucalyptus, Italian bergamot and Japanese shiso leaves to create a quintessentially elegant, soothing blend.

Character: medium bodied

Aroma: fruity and herbaceous

Origin: Ceylon

Brewing temperature: < 100 degree Celsius

Brewing time: 3-5 minutes

Tea pairing suggestions: Excellent with afternoon tea selections

About Gryphon Tea Company View company

Contessa Grey is one of the most creative blend I’ve ever tasted. Who would have thought of blending shiso with Earl Grey? ;) I’d say this is a successful, tasty formula! I don’t know how to describe the unique taste of shiso, but it’s refreshing, somewhat herbal (taste of leafy herbs), and very fragrant. When shiso and bergamot go together, the result is a cup with such refined, elegant aroma – just like some kind of new Asian perfume! Taste-wise it is like a stronger version of Earl Grey. I don’t like eucalyptus but since it’s not terribly present, I don’t find it a problem in this tea. I feel sad that this is my last bag! :(

I seem to be the first one to post something about this tea. Surprising considering it’s included in the Treasures Box and a few people have bought this box.
At the same time, it’s not one of Gryphon’s best or must try.
It’s supposed to be a medium-bodied tea. To me, but I may have used too much water for this one, it was rather a weak-bodied tea.
And regarding the flavors, the bergamot was rather nice but the Eucalyptus brought a taste of medecinal plant, and brought out a kind of bitterness at resteep.

My body doesn’t like eucalyptus. If tea tree aromatherapy blocks up your nose, you will likely find this a very bitter tea no matter now you brew it. I had to give it all away.

Interesting blend. I was pleasantly surprise the blend of bergamot and shiso. It leaves a fragrant aftertaste on the tongue and in your nose. It is lightly sweet as well. However resteeping doesn’t taste good.

I thought this one from Gryphon was very nice. Clean, tight flavour and a good afternoon tea for sure. Nice one !