2006 Haiwan * Peacock Quest * cake

Pu-erh Tea
Leather
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 5 oz / 150 ml

• “My recent purchase. I don't know what to think of this. It has very strong leather flavor. So strong it's like I made a brew out of new leather boots. It has sweetish aftertaste but very faint....” Read full tasting note
    boychik 308 tasting notes

From Haiwan Tea Factory ( Angelina's tea)

A choice selection of Menghai area Certified Organic Ripe Pu-erh has been compressed into this 7572 recipe styled cake. Every cake comes in a gifting (or display) box show in the pictures below. A very limited production cake due to the rarity of certified organic raw material make this a good cake for storage and near future consumption. A nice full-bodied liquor and creamy taste combined with the confidence of purely produced raw material make drinking this Pu-erh an all-around great experience!

About Haiwan Tea Factory ( Angelina's tea) View company

My recent purchase. I don’t know what to think of this. It has very strong leather flavor. So strong it’s like I made a brew out of new leather boots. It has sweetish aftertaste but very faint. Maybe its supposed to be this way. Wasn’t able to find any review

Flavors: Leather

mrmopar

Yeah a new one I think. I have it but have not tasted it yet.

boychik

I think I overleaf it. I took maybe 1 tsp of wet leaves out of pot. It’s strong clean and nice. Another discovery for me today: I added a tiny splash of milk and 1 tsp of maple syrup. I read that ifjuly made a latte with Mandala’s Special Dark. It turned out delicious . The only thing now I have to get smoked bourbon sugar fr H&S. I gave it to my hubby to try and he happily finished the cup;-)

mrmopar

Yeah I actually bought a small scale to measure the tea. I find it hard to judge weight or i did find it so till I bought the scale. I found the shou weighs more with a lesser amount than sheng seems to.

ifjuly

oh, i’m glad you like milk and sugar sometimes with intensely dark sweet pu erhs too boychik! makes me feel a little less like a heathen, haha.

i love the leather element in some pu erh, so i should check this one out!