Ti Kwan Yin Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

• “Yet another tea tasted at the tea class. A clear amber color with slightly grass and fruity aroma. A bit malty and woodsy. I'm also sensing a bit of fruity undertones. Of course the grassyness is...” Read full tasting note
    skysamurai 297 tasting notes
  • “This was the darker of the two Ti Kwan Yin teas offered by Indigo, which I would have to call more medium as the color of the tea is still more yellow than brown. The brew is sweet with a faint...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 224 tasting notes

From Indigo Tea Company

Named for the Buddhist saint Kwan Yin (Guan Yin), Ti Kwan Yin Oolong Tea is one of Fujian Province’s most famous oolong tea. Medium body, pleasant aftertaste, and reasonably priced. Steep twice or more.

About Indigo Tea Company View company

Yet another tea tasted at the tea class. A clear amber color with slightly grass and fruity aroma. A bit malty and woodsy. I’m also sensing a bit of fruity undertones. Of course the grassyness is also there. I liked this one quite a bit more then I expected. Probably not one I would buy more then an ounce of though.

This was the darker of the two Ti Kwan Yin teas offered by Indigo, which I would have to call more medium as the color of the tea is still more yellow than brown. The brew is sweet with a faint mix of both a floral taste and the smoother richness of roasting, which comes off as a more unusual combination. Not a bad tea overall but not a good enough tea for me to be reordering either.