Second Flush Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Chris Wilhite

From J-TEA

This tea was picked in Nantou, Taiwan January, 2010.
The three elements of aroma, texture, and flavor are distinct, unique, and of high enough quality that this tea really stands out. It brews to be an amber rose color; the aroma is a floral bouquet with some distinct rose, or grandmother, depending on who you ask. The texture is milk with some honey, and the flavor is green, vegetal like artichoke hearts.

About J-TEA View company

I discovered Steepster randomly while trying to find reviews of this tea to share with a Tweet I felt I had to do because this is just too darn good, so I didn’t capture the preparation details. I can tell you I’m on the 3rd steeping and left the leaves in for quite a while and yet there’s nary a hint of tannins. The aroma is still remarkable. Not quite jasmine, but certainly some tropical flower. Taste is certainly green but not grassy. Artichoke sounds close, but a sweetness lingers. Green oolongs are among my favorites, and this is spectacular this ranks quite high.

Chris Wilhite

You should get Josh’s Green Oolong Sample Pack http://jteainternational.com/tea-shop/sample-packs/. These green oolongs are my favorite also.

From tea tasting 7/3/11. Andrew, Matt, Sue, Lori, Chris
Jasmine flowers, rose petals, artichokes, ends musky. A favorite!