Fleurs d'Oranger Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Mariage Frères

Orange blossoms are delicately blended with a very fine Oolong tea from Taiwan. A magical mariage!

Traditionnal orange blossom flavoured blue semi-fermented tea.

About Mariage Frères View company

it doesn’t look like the picture, the blend is more foaming, wery swollen as well and it doesn’t look so dry as the picture shows.
I think I used a too cold water(85°c), that’s what the MF salesman required but I saw on MF website now they do recommend 95°c.
Also they ask to leave it for a long 7 min steep…I left less and it is bitter.
I just love so much orange blossoms I think I just spoiled my tea. I’ll try again tomorrow- I don’t rate it for now and just give myself a zero for preparing it so badly !

Bonnie

You are never a zero at anything

Ysaurella

LaFleurBleue

I’ve also been surprised by the steeping time announced at Mariage for white tea – also 7 minutes.
The white tea I bought in Asia was to be steeped for less than 3 minutes.
The oolong I have (also bought here) only requires a 60 seconds first steep, at 95°.
Hope you’ll find the good steeping time, as I’m sure this blend can be lovely.
The zero is more deserved by the MF salesman IMO.

A very good tea. a beautiful mariage for this Oolong tea blue with a note of orange.

This is my favorite breakfast tea – a strong enough black to wake me up but with delicate orange flavor to mellow it ou. I drink it black. Makes a good iced tea, too.

Found this in the back of my pantry – only 7g so I put the whole thing in 9oz to brew for 1min. Tastes like a mild black but with nice soft citrus notes. I think I remember it being smokier – not sure if age or the way I brewed it made the difference there but I like it.