2009 Menghai Dayi "7562" Classic Ripe Pu-erh Brick tea

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar

1 Tasting Note View all

From Menghai Tea Factory

This is one of the many classic recipe (first created in 1975) teas from Menghai Tea Factory. This is a tried and true recipe that is a prime candidate for near-term aging and or immediate drinking. This ripe pu-erh uses an average of Grade 6 leaves (like a 7262) and blends them for optimum flavor. Like other Da Yi ripe pu-erh products, the fermented tea that composes this brick was fermented with great care to preserve the character of the tea. The roughly 45 day fermentation process is strictly controlled at every stage to ensure the tea is consistently fermented (neither too much nor too little).

About Menghai Tea Factory View company

1 Tasting Note

Thank you Mrmopar for this Puerh sample!
BTW, the new picture is me sniffing wet tea leaves, proof that I am an official tea geek and nerd!

Oh yeah, getting back into my puerh groove! Woman does not live by puerh alone(but I almost get away with it)!

We’re having a dip in temperature…snow flurries then back up to the 50’s and 60’s. A real Rocky Mountain Roller Coaster! Wheeee!
For breakfast today…a strong cuppa PU sounded fabulous! (If you take a look at mrmopar’s cupboard, you’ll see that he agrees with me!)

This particular puerh was great for bold drinking. I was thinking about how you could make a big pot, sit down with breakfast or the paper…even fill a thermos and head out the door. It’s such a big flavorful puerh, reminiscent of what I ‘Used to get’ at Pete’s Coffee way back when! My morning ‘kick in the butt’ cuppa!

Smooth, dark, stands up to additions and the resteeps aren’t weak.

The flavor:
After one rinse, I steeped 30 seconds which produced a DARK red-espresso-brown brew, smooth and full of energy. The taste was raspberry/choco/cedar/nut with a little tang. (None of those flavors distinctly strong). Muted flavors, smooth and sweet.

On later steepings the flavor wasn’t as strong.

At the 4th and 5th steep…I got lazy and put the two steeps together in an 8oz mug, sweetened it and added cream. Yeah! Good!

I kicked back and watched the news, slurped my mug of PU with a furry throw tucked up under mu chin, my feet propped on the bench coffee table. What a life!

This tea is one of those “Whatever you want me to be, I’ll be it for you baby!” puerh’s! (Too bad I never married man like that, oh well!)

Thanks Mrmopar!

Indigobloom

this is my fave kind of pu! :P

Bonnie

I know, good everyday…puer!