2010 V93 Ripe Pu-erh tea

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Fanatos

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I cut my teeth on this tuo and well what I can say is that it is the most diplomatic of pu'ers one could ever taste. This is to say that if diplomats are concerned about not offending anybody,...” Read full tasting note
    Yang-chu 14 tasting notes

From Menghai Tea Factory

This is a classic Ripe tea blend, called “V93”, it was most recently released in 2006 and quickly became one the most expensive ripe teas on the market. To this day the 2005 and 2006 V93 Ripe productions have commanded very high prices due to the fact that this is one of the most sought after Ripe teas for everyday drinking. It is smooth and full in the mouth. It is fermented just enough to break down the bitterness of raw pu-erh while lightly fermented enough to preserve the stimulating cha qi and hui gan of a raw pu-erh. After-taste is sweet and thick.

About Menghai Tea Factory View company

1 Tasting Note

I cut my teeth on this tuo and well what I can say is that it is the most diplomatic of pu’ers one could ever taste. This is to say that if diplomats are concerned about not offending anybody, then V93 2010 is the diplomat of pu’ers.

I like to cook with this in addition to drinking it mixed with other spices like ginger, dried long-gan, or rosebuds or even piloncillo. I don’t normally take my tea with sugar, mind you. I’ve also noticed that this is a very refreshing tea when drunk cold.

No errant flavors, but the depth of flavor itself seems to wane fairly quickly. I’d say this is a perfect tea for the person who likes to steep their tea for minutes and forget about it. A fine tea, but I cannot think of a time where I actually craved some V93.