Edit tea info Last updated by Jacque Scott

• β€œMeh. Now, reverse osmosis water from the cottage may have impacted this one... but I think my initial impression of "Lover's Leap" was prematurely ecstatic. That first day I tried it, I must have...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1296 tasting notes
  • β€œ4tsp for 3 cups water. The leaves were dark, twisted and long. When I smelled them my first thought was laying on a blanket in a park in the spring time. That's what I smelled, fresh grass with...” Read full tasting note
    jacque 28 tasting notes

From Metropolitan Tea Company

The liquor is bright with excellent flowery flavor and a cup that tends somewhat light. A good after-dinner tea.

About Metropolitan Tea Company View company

Meh. Now, reverse osmosis water from the cottage may have impacted this one… but I think my initial impression of “Lover’s Leap” was prematurely ecstatic. That first day I tried it, I must have been in just the right mood… because it still rings those same raisin notes, but they just don’t “sing” to me like they did that first time.
This was purchased from a place in St. Lawrence Market, so I don’t really know if MTC was the distributor but either way this is my third ho-hum experience with this tea type. Makes me wonder what I was on that first day…

4tsp for 3 cups water. The leaves were dark, twisted and long. When I smelled them my first thought was laying on a blanket in a park in the spring time. That’s what I smelled, fresh grass with light notes of flowers.

The liquor is light amber. I don’t get the same scent with the liquor as I did with the leaves which is a shame. There is a light scent, somewhat earthy. The flavor is light and mild. There is a little bit of a lasting flavor which I think is typical of black teas.

This tea is good. Now I will try it sweetened. The finish is smoother for me when I sweetened the tea. I like this tea.