Premium Kitchen Grade Matcha

Matcha Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I have to say what I know about matcha is pretty much nothing. I've been resisting the urge to get the whisk because I wasn't sure I needed a new toy. So I was happy to find one in my Steepster...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2107 tasting notes
  • “So I have been wanting to buy some matcha for a long time. I needed the whisk and the bowl. Steepter gave me the whisk and small scoop and this little taster of matcha. My first time making it...” Read full tasting note
    BTVSGal 135 tasting notes

From Obubu Tea

Matcha powder from Japan

Filling a need for matcha powder that retains the richness of its color & flavor even after baking, Obubu offers its Kitchen Grade Matcha to cooks everywhere. 100 grams is approximately 80 teaspoons. The process of making the matcha tea powder is the same as matcha tea for drinking, but utilizes leaves from the Yabukita cultivar, normally used for sencha teas and more widely available.

About Obubu Tea View company

I have to say what I know about matcha is pretty much nothing. I’ve been resisting the urge to get the whisk because I wasn’t sure I needed a new toy. So I was happy to find one in my Steepster select box, along with a sample of this matcha.

We did get a little card with instructions, which were easy to follow. Yesterday morning I whipped up two batches of it, it took me a bit to get the hang of the whisk but that’s ok. By my second attempt, I noticed the matcha was nice and frothy. But I do see needing a matcha bowl in my future. :)

It’s a very nice, green bundle of joy. The tea is very flavorful, grassy and has a bit of bitterness. This morning I blended some with raspberries and soymilk. I found it needed a touch of sugar. Most of my experiences with matcha have been that they are slightly bitter so that isn’t unusual. I can see how this will be great for making smoothies! And for cooking!

Thanks to Steepster and Obubu for this fun treat!

noordelijk

Matcha shouldn’t be very bitter when you drink it, actually more on the sweeter side. Could be a result of this special kitchen grade matcha.

BTVSGal

Yeah it was a little bitter to me as well.

TeaBrat

I don’t know, everytime I’ve had a matcha it’s tasted that way.

ScottTeaMan

I’ve only tried one batch of Matcha and it had some bitterness. I don’t know if I’d pay for premium Matcha, but a good Sencha or Gyokuro!! Ooohhhh Yeah! :))

Mark B

Summit matcha doesn’t have much in the way of bitterness, unless I use too much tea or the water is too hot. I don’t have much matcha experience, but from the half dozen or so that I have tried, it sets the bar for me. Check it out…

My first time making it went well I think. No lumps and nice an frothy. It is has a nice gassy taste to it, but a little bitterness as well. I have had other matcha that was a bit sweeter then this, but all in all not bad. Might make a latte with this.

TeaBrat

Definitely better with a touch of sugar…