Ceremonial Matcha

Green Matcha Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS
175 °F / 79 °C 6 oz / 177 ml

• “So - I have had this matcha staring at me and I was saving it for a day I really needed it. Sometimes I wait for a tea to TALK to me...well, this one biffed me in the head today! I needed it! ...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Today, I tried out the Ceremonial Grade Matcha from Aiya (hopefully tomorrow, I will get to the Organic Ceremonial Grade). Here are my thoughts: While whisking this one, it was evident how...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “I should probably start of by saying Matcha is my favorite tea, followed by oolongs and various blacks. Shortly after I found matcha, I began a search for the best ~$30 tin I could find. I have a...” Read full tasting note
    Teasuce 26 tasting notes
  • “This is the first matcha I have tried, I was prepared for a horrible taste after reading about matcha in general but was pleasantly surprised. I drink this almost every day and am loving the...” Read full tasting note
    Allison2001 1 tasting notes

From Aiya

Aiya’s flagship product, the ceremonial drinking grade of Matcha is perfect for daily consumption. This daily treat contains the highest color quality, nutrient value, and taste for the average consumer.

About Aiya View company

So – I have had this matcha staring at me and I was saving it for a day I really needed it. Sometimes I wait for a tea to TALK to me…well, this one biffed me in the head today! I needed it! Right there infront of me – on the package – it says “Mental Focus” – I soooo needed that today!

My dear Sororitea Sister LiberTeas will tell ya…I’ve had a flighty morning and technology hasn’t been my friend! LOL

Anyhow…this SHOULD help me get back on track! I HOPE.

This is really good matcha! It’s velvety and pleasant from start to finish! AND…it stays mixed the whole cuppa! It froths up and stays mixed well throughout with little to no chalky end-cup! YAY!

While whisking this one, it was evident how different it was from the Premium Grade Matcha. It was thicker. VERY frothy, froths up more than the Premium Grade. Creamy and thick on the palate, Sweet with a distinct bitter tone. Even though it’s thicker and creamier, it still doesn’t impart a chalkiness in the aftertaste. One thing I noticed about this, is that it stays mixed… no need to whisk while sipping (same is true with the Premium Grade). This is delicious, but, I actually think I prefer the thinner Matcha as it has less of the vegetative taste. I don’t dislike vegetative taste, but, I do prefer it to be on the lighter, milder-tasting side.

I should probably start of by saying Matcha is my favorite tea, followed by oolongs and various blacks. Shortly after I found matcha, I began a search for the best ~$30 tin I could find. I have a bowl or two a day, so this task has taken a bit of time, as I finish a tin before I order another.
I have had Domatcha and Pure comparative grade matchas in addition to this. ( long way to go, I know ;) )

The tea:
Sifted and whisked at 175, it doesn’t froth for me much differently than the rest, good amount of small bubbles to cover the surface of the bowl. I do keep it in the fridge and I understand this lessens frothy-ness.
It tastes wonderfully of vegetal, grassy, underlying buttery and most importantly fresh. I find it to taste a lot like domatcha, and similar in color. It stays together and does not require re-whisking or have any chalky texture.
I love this matcha, it’s tasty, more vegetal than buttery but not unpleasantly strong. If I could afford it, an everyday drink for sure, and my current matcha winner!

This is the first matcha I have tried, I was prepared for a horrible taste after reading about matcha in general but was pleasantly surprised. I drink this almost every day and am loving the energy it is giving me after I drink it. The only problem I have is that I have to order online to get it, would like to compare it’s taste to the Teavana brand.

175 °F / 79 °C 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML