Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

From Old Wilmington Tea Co

Who can resist a cupcake? Treat yourself every day with our yummy blend of black tea, natural vanilla & caramel flavor with fun colorful sprinkles mixed in! A celebration in your teacup!

About Old Wilmington Tea Co View company

Smells just like a frosted cupcake…fairly bold and yummy, indeed! Check out my other notes…

Jaime

The name of this alone means that I must have it.

vanilla_bookworm

Wow! This sounds amazing! I’m definitely going to have to check this out!
It’s still early and now I totally want a cupcake… Lol. :-)

LiberTEAS

LOL @Jaime – that is why I bought it! I had to order it because of the name! I love cupcakes. If you haven’t yet placed an order with Old Wilmington… you should, it is a wonderful experience! They put together a lovely package! And their samples (while a bit costlier than some samples from other companies) are a nice size.

Jaime

Actually, I’d never heard of Old Wilmington until I saw this post. I’m trying to hold out until I see what Frank has come up with this week before I order any more tea…since I have orders placed with oh, 4 different companies.

Oh… my 200th tasting note! A cupcake to celebrate!

I am almost out of my sample of this tea, I will say that even though Old Wilmington’s sample prices are a bit… pricey, they are generous and speedy with their shipping, and extremely courteous in their communication as well.

Today, I did not brew it as long as I did yesterday, and this has helped immensely with the flavor – no more bitter, but it is a very robust black tea! – I also decided to make mine a latte today, and it brings out the creamy flavor of the tea very well.

This tea possesses a caramel-y vanilla flavor to it, I don’t know if I really taste “cupcake” as much as I taste a sweet vanilla caramel with a nice malty backdrop. It is rich and tasty though, and I quite enjoy it, even if it isn’t quite as cupcake-y as I was hoping for. And as I continue to sip, I notice that the flavors really come into focus.

A very nice cup of black tea!

S

Yay, congratulations on your 200th note!

__Morgana__

Congrats!

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

WooHoo 200 is a good number!

SoccerMom

Yay and Congrats!

LENA

Yay for cupcakes and congrats on 200 tasting notes!!! :)

TeaEqualsBliss

I’d LOVE to eat…I mean drink – this one in the future! LOL

We were in Wilmington and went to a fabulous cupcake shop on the way out of town. Much to my surprise, they had a bunch of tea from this “Old Wilmington Tea Co” that I hadn’t heard of before. Thinking it’d be fun to have some tea from a local tea company, I started looking through all the teas they had. Each tin of tea had a clear glass bowl showing the leaves, and when I came across this one I knew it was the one I was meant to buy. It’s cupcake tea by the Old Wilmington Tea Co in a cupcake shop in Wilmington!

When we got back home, I opened the tin to see a few sprinkles scattered throughout. The smell is incredible. 4/5 people I’ve shown it to said it does smell just like cake. The fifth said it was like maple syrup. Still a good smell!

The tea itself was delicious. It’s super sweet. The sprinkles nearly melted, giving the tea sweetener without any doctoring up. I don’t always love vanilla tea, but it really works in this cup. I’ve already had a second cup and can tell that it’s going to be a winner in my collection!