Peshawari Kahwa

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by 20monkies

1 Tasting Note View all

• “My aunt's husband is from Peshawar, so their family drinks a lot of this tea. It's really good for digestion and is supposed to aid in weight loss as well. But as tradition, they drink it...” Read full tasting note
    20monkies 32 tasting notes

From Pakistan

Tea from Peshawar region in Pakistan.

1/4 tsp needed per 2 – 8 ounce cup size.
Ideally, boil on stove top and add 2-3 crushed cardamom pods along with 1-2 tsp sugar, to taste.

“The peshawari qahwa or chai is used on a regular basis in peshawar. People there drink it after every meal and in between meals as well. It’s supposed to help you digest and lose weight if taken every day.”

About Pakistan View company

1 Tasting Note

My aunt’s husband is from Peshawar, so their family drinks a lot of this tea. It’s really good for digestion and is supposed to aid in weight loss as well. But as tradition, they drink it throughout the day, after every meal and just in between during the day.

She made some when we were over at their home last night and I asked to see the leaves, and she handed me a large packet of the tea. They always stock up when they go back to Pakistan and make sure there’s plenty in the cupboard.

I really like this tea. It’s like a green tea, but without the bitterness, and a little sugar and cardamom makes it very refreshing!