2010 Mengku Green Mini Tuocha

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Pamela Dean

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I love the compact, perfect little size of these Mini Tuochas! You would have thought the holidays had already come, and a little boy was opening a carefully wrapped gift. You find the same care...” Read full tasting note
    Pureleaf 130 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

This mini green tuocha brews a clear amber liquor with a satisfying, aromatic, remarkably taste. This is a quality Mini Tuocha made of broken tender tea buds – Mengku materials harvested in Spring 2010, not a cheapo made by using poor quality tea dust.

Mini Green tuocha
Weight about 3.7 to 4 gram
Vintage: 2010
Green, raw or unfermented
Premium class.

About PuerhShop.com View company

1 Tasting Note

I love the compact, perfect little size of these Mini Tuochas! You would have thought the holidays had already come, and a little boy was opening a carefully wrapped gift. You find the same care and attention to detail of the wrapping, as you find in the larger tuochas. The paper used for these tuochas, seems like a perfect idea for a collection of some sort. Surely, there are already ideas out there. This may require a little more research, now that I think about it.

There is plenty of body with this tea – very full, green puerh. You will find quite a bit of astringency that lingers, however you can control its bitterness in the mouth by holding it towards the middle of the tongue – back of the throat. I found the tea to deliver more flavor after it had set for a minute or two.

This is a very young tasting sheng and certainly reflects its green qualities. It is green along the lines of older dandelions, that have been simmered and stewed down – without the mouth puckering bitterness. This bitterness is much drier and feels quite nice around 20-30 minutes after you finish drinking the tea. The liquid is more green melon in color.

Overall, you can’t complain about this tea not matching the total investment. These small broken leaf mini tuochas are great for a small pot of tea and are good enough for multiple infusions.

ashmanra

I have been saving my mini Tuocha wrappers to cover a tin in the future. Of course, the tin will hold puerh tea!

Bonnie

good idea ashmanra

gmathis

(Apologies if this posts twice, pushed the button and nothing happened..)

Do you use Mod Podge on your tins? I’ve done the cheapie homemade version of white-glue-and-water decoupage and it worked surprisingly well.

Pureleaf

I agree Bonnie – great idea ashmanra! Also, gmathis your input was very much appreciated as well. Oh, the things you learn form the great people on steepster!

ashmanra

I haven’t made any that way yet! I did read that recipe for homemade Mod Podge on Pinterest, so I am glad to know it works. I have covered tins with scrapbook paper, and I use Scotch ATG gun tape for that, then I buff the paper all over with a paraffin compound from Ellenhutson.com to make it water and stain resistant.

gmathis

..and a clarification on my part. The glue/water version was on a wood plaque, but it did work so well I’d at least give it a shot on a tin.